Intro to Web Concepts and Basic Code
Not sure what web development means?
Want to build a cool website, but don't know where to start?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layman terms. This class is for people with little to no technical experience!
Topics we'll cover:
• What's the difference between web development and web design?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• What do you need to know before building a web site? What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
• What is Web 2.0 and the Cloud?
West Toledo Library