Essential Skills for a Career in UX
Join us for next week's discussion about user experience skills that will help you make software easier to use, web sites more enjoyable, and apps that solve business problems. Get a start on a new career in UX or just become a better front end designer.
Participate in debates about the pros and cons of:
- Communication and storytelling
- Observation and listening
- Facilitation and collaboration
- Research, critiquing, sketching
Experienced UX practitioners are also invited to join us to challenge the panelists and share their own stories of how they got into a career in UX.
- Mike Osswald, VP, Experience Innovation, Hanson, Inc.
- Rhonda Grimm, IT User Experience Lead, First Solar
- Ron Shrewsbery, User Experience Design Lead, Owens Corning
- Keith Instone, User Experience Consultant, Toledo Region Experience Planning
- Jerry Schnepp, Assistant Professor, BGSU
ABOUT THE EVENT
What: Essential Skills for a Career in UX, panel discussion, Toledo Web Professionals meetup
Where: BGSU Collab Lab, first floor, Jerome Library (see map at http://user-experience.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/EssentialUX-Map.jpg for driving directions and parking information)
When: Wednesday, April 11, 7pm - 9pm
Free and open to the public. Pizza and soft drinks provided. Free and convenient parking (in Lot N).
Please RSVP at meetup.com so we know how many people to expect.