Building a More Inclusive Web
How do we build a more inclusive web? It all starts with awareness. Join the Owens Corning Digital Team for an afternoon of insight and education on web accessibility, as part of Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
Toledo-area businesses, universities, and advocacy groups will cast a vision for how web accessibility impacts and shapes our community.
This half-day event will combine personal stories, hands-on demonstrations, and practical takeaways in order to spark discussion on how each of us can contribute to making Toledo “the most disability-friendly community in the United States.”
- An overview of what’s happening in the Toledo community regarding accessibility
- An introduction to what web accessibility is and how everyone is impacted by web accessibility
- An explanation of what does / does not make a website accessible
- Hands-on breakout sessions that deep-dive into certain aspects of web accessibility and provide practical demonstrations on how to test for web accessibility and make improvements
- Community discussion on hurdles to web accessibility and vision-casting for the future
- Practical take-aways for getting started with web accessibility
Full list of topics and speakers to be announced soon.
FREE event, but registration is required.