Viewing 0 current events matching “ui” by Date.
Viewing 3 past events matching “ui” by Date.
|Sort By: Date||Event Name, Location , Default|
SaturdayFeb 20, 2016
Road trip to World IA Day (Ann Arbor)
–Rackham Amphitheater (in the Rackham building)
Information Everywhere, Architects Everywhere
Please register at TWP Meetup so we know to expect you.
We'll be making our annual trip up North to attend World IA Day in Ann Arbor, MI. World IA Day will take place in 23 cities, 14 countries, 6 continents. Ann Arbor, MI is the location closest to us.
We'll meet at the Rackham Amphitheater
• North on US 23 (36 miles)
• Exit 35: West on I-94 (3 miles)
• Exit 177: North on S. State Street (3 miles)
• Left on Williams, Right on Maynard
• Arrive at Maynard Parking Structure, 324 Maynard Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
9:00AM - 9:30AM Arrive and meet our group
• 8:30 AM Registration / Coffee / Breakfast
• 9:40 AM Introduction & Welcome
• 9:40 AM The IA of I Am
• 10:30 AM Coffee break
• 11:00 AM Lightning Talks Round 1
• 11:30 AM Kaarin Hoff
• 12:00 PM Lunch Break (on our own)
• 1:15 PM Chaos, Order and Everything in Between
• 2:00 PM Lightning Talks Round 2
• 3:00 PM Break
• 3:20 PM Architecting Change in Agencies: Navigating Ambiguity, Uncertainty, and Volatility When Designing for Users
• 4:10 PM Closing remarks & raffle
• 5:00 PM Event ends After event party at Arbor Brewing
ThursdayApr 28, 2016
Personas & Scenarios Workshop
–Pillar (Ann Arbor)
A free hands-on workshop for anyone and everyone involved in software development. Learn how to quickly bring the human element to your projects, prioritize efforts and enhance user delight.
WordPress provides you with a decent head start when it comes to creating accessible websites. There are still plenty of items to check off your list to ensure that everyone has access to your site’s navigation and content. How can we be sure we understand the value of Accessibility when it comes to our projects?
Join us in welcoming Jessica Setter who is passionate about Design and Accessibility for our mobile worlds. She specializes in solutions bridging problems with art.
This talk is based on her current work in Accessibility Design. She will use visual examples then discussing the importance of conceptualizing accessibility early on when planning platforms. In between examples holding moments to ask people what differences there may be and how those differences affect the results of using a platform.
Jessica is a Graphic Designer from Southeast Michigan. After obtaining a BFA from Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, MI, she works in Graphic Design at Owens Corning, and as a UI/UX Design Freelancer.
Instagram: setterj92 behance.net/setterj